Yes, I did it. My band Killasaurus Visage (me, my brother the shig, my husband and the vic) played through 58 songs and beat the endless set list on hard and expert. The songs in the set list goes can be found here. Those are not in order and include both the regular tracks and the bonus songs (I couldn’t find a list online of just the endless set list order and I don’t have the time to type it all out right now, sorry!). Thank god that we didn’t have to play the downloaded content as well cause 58 songs is really pushing the limit of what a group of people can do in one day.
Anyway, here are the facts and what we did to get through it.
- It took us 6 hours and 5 minutes (stopping only for refills and restroom breaks)
- Some of the hardest songs are the bonus songs since you don’t play them as regularly as the other tracks and they are not familiar songs (at least for us)
- If people are playing mixed levels, the lowest level is what everyone will end up beating it as. The Shig on guitar and The Vic on bass played expert but Ry played drums on hard and I sang on hard (I should have gone on expert but I didn’t want to mess it up for my band!) so we beat the endless set list on hard.
- For your singer: mix lemon juice (I used from concentrate) in with something warm like tea. Don’t skimp on the lemon juice either, I put in about 1/4 a cup into each cup of tea. Believe me, this works. When we did the Rock Marathon (18 song set list) I did not use this method and after that your throat feels a little scratchy and achy. I used this method for the entire 58 song set and my throat felt fine. A little sore but definitely not as bad as it would have felt had I not done this.
- It’s okay if you fail a song in this set list. Take a short break and try again. You will lose fans but you gain them back when you finish the set list.
- Take it easy in the beginning and don’t take long breaks at all. If you stop you are not going to want to start again. And I am telling you, you will be exhausted after this (especially your drummer. Our drummer runs in marathons). But it’s worth it.
We got 261 out of 290 stars on this set list if you were interested in knowing. And $34,000. And 40,000 fans (we failed two songs in this set list so I think we were just earning them back, we had already maxed out the amount of fans we could have on the hard setting).
After you beat it you obtain legendary status and you can feel like a bad ass for playing a rock video game for 6 hours straight.