What Wouldn’t Jesus Do? The Five Funniest Videos of the Son of God
In honor of the passing of Jerry Falwell, who made a mockery of Christ’s teachings, we present the best mockeries of Jesus himself. Actually, that’s a bit harsh – these aren’t really mockeries, more like satire.
1. First off, in Passion of the Christ 2, Judgment Day, we see Hollywood logic extended to Mel Gibson’s blockbuster. A box-office hit deserves a sequel, and any self-respecting sequel needs twice as many explosions.
2. Family Guy pairs Jesus with Chris Tucker. Finally, some recognition that Jackie Chan is equal to one-third of the holy trinity.
3. Monty Python’s Life of Brian is, of course, the classic elseworlds version of Christ. Brian is almost, but not quite, Jesus. In this scene, Brian tells us that we’re all different:
4. A modern-day Jesus feels strongly that he will survive.
5. Finally, UltraChrist gives us the most probable scenario. Jesus, returned after nearly 2000 years, finds today’s youth just don’t relate to him. So he casts away his robes for spandex and becomes UltraChrist! This may also be the only movie depicting Jesus vs. Hitler, Jesus vs. Richard Nixon, and Jesus vs. Jim Morrison.
Did I miss any? put a link to any other great Jesus-based comedies in the comments below. By the way, I disqualified at least one video for cheating – Yakety Sax makes anything funny.Written by Jason
Last 3 posts by Jason
- Brilliant contest prank - help pick the new CBC hockey theme song - Jul 23rd, 2008
- If You Think Creationism is Bad, Just Wait till You See What's Next - Jun 15th, 2008
- The 6 Most Ridiculous things Banned by Airport Security - May 31st, 2008